The Flower of Life
An ancient symbol depicting the interconnectedness of life on planet EarthThe Flower of Life - the logo for EC The Flower of Life has represented important meaning to many people throughout history. It can be found in the temples, art, and manuscripts of cultures from all over the world. The following are some of the locations in which the Flower of Life symbol has been sighted.
• Assyria - Palace of Ashurbanipal
• Egypt - The Temple of Osiris in Abydos and Mount Sinai
• Hungary - Carphatians
• Israel - Masada
• China - The Forbidden City and various temples
• Japan - Various temples
• India - The Harimandir Shabib (Golden Temple), Hampi and Ajanta
• Turkey - Various old Roman sites
• Italy - Italian art from 13th century
• North Africa - Morocco
• Middle East - Lebanon and various Islamic mosques
• South America - Peru
• North America - Mexico
The Flower of Life represents the inter-dependence and inter-connectedness of all life. It is a life-affirming representation of the Unity of All Life, and is for every human being, no matter what country. It unites us all, which is important, as we are one human family with one common destiny.